• After reading research that emphasizes the utility of audio within instruction and using articles to support their arguments, the learner will write a short discussion paper describing how they believe audio can be used effectively within a classroom or other educational setting.
• Given a tutorial on physical concepts/principles of digital audio, the learner will determine the appropriateness of its content for educational and/or instructional technology applications.
• The learner will be able to describe and/or utilize the three types of audio and corresponding functions of each in an instructional context.
• Given a set of criteria the learner will identify, compare, contrast, and rank audio hardware and software that will further aid the learner in completing the final project.
• The learner will effectively demonstrate the role of audio within instruction by designing and developing a final product that incorporates audio into an instructional experience. Learners can draw upon previous
courses that emphasized instructional design, research in the area of audio and instruction, and a wealth of course materials